On today’s broadcast of Boston sports radio show Felger and Mazz, co-host Michael Felger went on a long and genuinely astonishing rant about the recent death of former MLB pitcher Roy Halladay. Felger’s central point, which he reiterates with his obnoxious braying for about 10 minutes, is that Halladay was a thrill-seeking moron who deserved to die.
The entire rant is pretty rough, so here are some moments of note:
- “It just sorta angers me. You care that little about your life? Or the life of your family? Your little joyride is that important to you?”
- “‘[In a voice mocking Halladay] Weeeee! Weeeee! Yeah man look at the G-force on this! I’m Maverick. Yeah man, look at this it’s so cool!’ And you die. Splat. And it’s over. So you’re that guy? You have to do that?”
- “To the point, now, where that guy is like the bad guy to me. You got this family, and you’re gonna screw around in this little toy plane?”
- “‘[In a voice mocking Halladay] Weee! Oh look I just landed on the water, everybody. I’m gonna tweet it!’ Splat. You’re dead. Two kids. Moron.”
- “I find that offensive, that you are that cavalier about life.”
- “I’m sorry dude, you’re on your own. I got no sympathy for you.”
- “If that’s how you’re wired, and that’s how you die? Bon voyage.”
- “I don’t blame the plane for the fact that the guy wanted to dive-bomb through mountains. Idiot!”
- “If I die helicopter skiing, you have the right to do the exact same thing I’m doing to Roy Halladay. He got what he deserved.”
Apparently unsatisfied with the repugnance of his takes, Felger decided to let his listeners know that he is glad Dale Earnhardt died during a NASCAR race. “Was it Dale Earnhardt who died? The race car driver who died? I root for the wall. I really do. That ain’t no tragedy … I’m supposed to feel bad for you? Give me a break. Oh God,” he said.