Maintain up. Let me make clear.
I do know protein powders and drinks aren’t just for bros. I do not assume we have to speak a lot about that, however earlier than we go any additional, I simply need to make certain we’re all on the identical web page. What you watched was a humorous advert that performs on the stereotype of protein-drink shoppers: swole dudes dwelling the bro life principally within the health club and taking big bro swigs of protein drinks. However, like, dude, all varieties of of individuals take pleasure in protein drinks.
OK, the place have been we? Proper. So, let’s speak about protein sources.
Not all protein powders and drinks are created equal. Some include GMOs, synthetic sweeteners, poisonous pesticides, artificial hormones, and different stuff. Do you want any of that? Nah.
Heavy metals, dude.
Guess what else is in some protein powders and drinks? Heavy metals. Shopper Studies actually broke down 15 protein powders and drinks to seek out out what was truly in them. They seemed for mercury, arsenic, lead, and cadmium. A lot of the powders and drinks had some heavy metals, starting from low to average. Three of them, nevertheless, had sufficient that “consuming three servings a day might end in every day publicity to arsenic, cadmium, or lead exceeding the bounds proposed by USP,” or the U.S. Pharmacopeia. It is a federally acknowledged authority that units requirements for well being merchandise.
Sit back, bro. There’s an alternate!
Take a look at these peaceable cows. You may be like them. You do not have to drink heavy metals and different disagreeable stuff. Natural is all the time an choice on your protein drinks. And in case you go that route, you will know what you are getting:
- Extra antioxidants and vitamins: Natural meals have extra of the great things than non-organic. Analysis says so.
- No pesticides or artificial fertilizers: They’re dangerous for the setting they usually’re dangerous for you.
- No artificial hormones: Skipping these means happier animals and more healthy people.
- No antibiotics: ‘Trigger who will get enthusiastic about antibiotic-resistant infections?
- No GMOs: Can we reallly know sufficient about genetically engineered crops but to be ok with consuming them? As much as you to determine, however you do not have to eat GMOs in your protein drink.
Save the bros and your self.
All of this feels like a reasonably candy deal to me. And whereas cleansing up your protein shakes won’t, like, save your life, it might make you are feeling higher about what you are placing in your physique. So assist a bro out and unfold the phrase: #savethebros.